Vous êtes ici: Professionnel Pensions for salaried persons in Belgium Where can I apply for my pension?
Where can I apply for my pension?

Inscrivez-vous pour l'e-news
Basic info in English
Dates de paiement

Opgepast, de inhoud op de oude websites werken we niet meer bij.
​Deze info is dus niet up-to-date!

​Attention, nous n’adaptons plus le contenu des anciens sites web.
​​Les informations ne sont donc plus à jour.


An application is not always required if you live in Belgium.

In the case of the retirement pension, the Federal Pensions Service (FPS) will take the initiative and notify you in due time (i.e. 1 year before your 65th birthday).

This also applies to the survivor’s pension when the deceased spouse:
  • already received a retirement pension;
  • had relinquished or not obtained the payment of the pension to make a retirement pension at the married couple rate possible;
  • was entitled to a retirement pension as a salaried person prior to the said spouse's decease;
  • had applied for a retirement pension and the application was being examined.

It should be pointed out that in the event of a voluntary or legal separation, entitlement to a survivor's pension is automatically examined only if the:
  • surviving spouse was receiving a pension as voluntary or legally separated spouse;
  • application was being examined.

In the other cases an application is necessary.
  • For the retirement pension and the pension for a divorcee, you can apply 1 year before the date on which you want the pension to take effect.
  • The survivor’s pension has to be applied for within the 12 months following the demise of the spouse. Otherwise the survivor's pension becomes effective at the earliest on the first day of the month following the application.

I reside in Belgium

It is preferable that you submit your application to the municipal authorities of your main place of residence. It is also possible to apply in person at our Central Office in Brussels or at one of our regional offices near you.

I reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) or in Switzerland

You submit your pension request to the institution which is qualified to receive pension applications in the country where you are residing.

If there was no submission to pension regulations in the country where you reside but in other countries of the European Economic Area or in Switzerland you can submit your pension application to the qualified institution in the last state where there was submission to pension regulations.

The European Economic Area comprises the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

If a bilateral convention (also) applies to you, (see further 'If you reside in a country with which Belgium has a bilateral convention that applies to you') you should also send your pension application by registered letter to the:

Federal Pensions Service, International Conventions Office

  • in Dutch:
    Federale Pensioendienst
    Bureau voor Internationale Overeenkomsten
    Zuidertoren - 1060 Brussel

  • in French:
    Service fédéral des Pensions
    Bureau des Conventions Internationales
    Tour du Midi - 1060 Bruxelles.

If the European regulations apply to you

Submit your application for a Belgian pension to the institution of the last country of the EEA where there was submission to the pension regulations, or if such is the case, in Switzerland.

If you reside in a country with which Belgium has a bilateral convention that applies to you

You should submit your pension application to the institution which is qualified for pensions in your country of residence.
In this respect the bilateral conventions with Algeria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Democratic Republic Congo, Croatia, India, Israel, Japan, Macedonia, the Philippines, South-Korea, Morocco, San Marino, Tunisia, Turkey, the United States, Uruguay, Yugoslavia have to be mentioned.

Other cases

Send your application directly to the Federal Pensions Service (see above).
If the foreign institution which is qualified to receive your application exceptionally refuses to do so, you can apply for a Belgian pension directly with the Federal Pensions Service .



Dernière mise à jour 28/05/2019 | Disclaimer

Ce site utilise des cookies.
Ok, je comprends